Small Claims Court California
File Small Claims
Skip Tracing

only search


Lien on Real Property

An Abstract of Judgment puts a lien on any land, house, or other building the Judgment Debtor owns in the county in which the Abstract is Recorded. If the property is sold and/or re-financed, after your lien has been filed, you will be paid your judgment from the proceeds of the sale or re-finance. Abstracts are recorded are on a county by county basis. Based on what California County(ies) you believe the Judgment Debtor owns real property, the Abstract is recorded at the County Recorders office(s). You will tell us what counties you want the Abstract recorded.

How it works: Filing and recording Abstract of Judgments is a two step process. The Abstract is first filed with the Clerk in the court in which your case was heard (if 30 days has passed since your judgment was entered). The second part of this service is to file an original Abstract of Judgment in each County Recorders' office that you direct us to.'s fees are:
Prepare and file Abstract at Court of Record: $75.00
Court filing fee: $25.00
Each County Recorded $75.00
Recorder fee, per county approx. $21.00

Click here to get started


Remember Email

New User?
Register Here!
Forgot your password? click here

California Court House Business People Small Claims Courtroom

Disclaimer: The information provided in this site is not legal advice, but general information on legal issues commonly encountered in the California Small Claims process.'s Legal Document Service is not a law firm and is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. cannot provide legal advice and can only provide self-help services at your specific direction.
California Small Claims Blog - FULL DISCLAIMER - REFUND POLICY